- The Milky Way gets a new arm.
- Is the idea that the universe is fine-tuned for life a myth?
- Sluggish sun may ‘sit out’ next solar cycle.
- NASA space probe gets first view of the asteroid it will soon be orbiting.
- Brain scans capture moment patient becomes unconscious.
- Mind control and the internet.
- ‘Disclosure Project’ honcho Dr Steven Greer facing court over attempt to contact aliens.
- UFO sightings on the rise in Argentina.
- Religious relic of the patron saint of missing objects stolen from Catholic church in L.A. I’m sure it will turn up.
- A field guide to bullsh*t.
- Human activities emit way more carbon dioxide than do volcanoes.
- Scientists make living lasers from human cells.
- Here, the future wants you to have this: a hoverbike. Just don’t blame the future when you chop yourself into little pieces, m’kay?
- Crap steaks and turd-burgers! Japanese researcher creates artificial meat from reclaimed human poop.
- Bones with bling: the amazing jewelled skeletons of Europe.
- Tom Hanks to produce six seasons(!!) of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods.
- Myths Retold does Rumpelstiltskin (NSFW language).
Quote of the Day:
Gods die. And when they truly die they are unmourned and unremembered. Ideas are more difficult to kill than people, but they can be killed, in the end.
Neil Gaiman (from ‘American Gods’)