I’m gonna rise right out of the ground…
- When the multiverse and man-worlds collide.
- It’s all done with mirrors: physicists conjure light from the vacuum of space using quantum mechanics.
- Naked physics: John Wheeler recounts the day Niels Bohr debated Einstein while the founder of relativity theory lay completely nude on the couch.
- Harvesting starship fuel from the Outer Solar System.
- ‘Australian Roswell‘ remains a mystery.
- The Yucatan shivers in horrific remembrance as an object from space carves its way through the Earth’s atmosphere.
- The Voynich Manuscript: a book of secrets, or just a 600-year-old prank?
- Worms from hell unearth possibilities for extraterrestrial life.
- Tevatron anomaly might be something real.
- Quantum mechanics experiment bends Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle.
- “The value of a disruptive agent”: cosmologist Paul Davies is now in search of a cure for cancer.
- Has the new pyramid robot found evidence of ancient electrical devices in the Great Pyramid?
- Can Twitter predict the future?
- Apple co-founder says the machines are taking over: “We’re going to become the pets, the dogs of the house.”
- See the evolution of the US military’s robotic hummingbird.
- Upgrade your bling: magnets might help prevent heart attacks.
- Alchemists, astronomers and wild men: A history of the mad scientist (Part 1).
- Richard Dawkins and A.C. Grayling found a new London college.
- (Former) world leaders say the global war on drugs has failed miserably, and that legalisation is the best way forward. (Current) world leaders dismiss report.
- Perspective break.
- Last regrets of the dying.
- Last vista of the robotic dead.
- Image(s) of the Day: A trip around our Solar System.
Thanks Arlan and Dave. J.
Quote of the Day:
One foot on Jacob’s ladder, and one foot in the fire…and it all goes down in your mind.
Johnny Cash (‘In Your Mind’)