So beautiful…Threshold of Transformation, by Isis (volume warning – it comes in haaard)…
- China confirms plans to build own orbital space station.
- Galactic mystery: a star as old as the Universe found in the Milky Way.
- The possible discovery of the Higgs Boson would shake the foundations of physics.
- Lost city revealed under centuries of jungle growth.
- Factory uses robots to grow human skin. Ah Skynet, your infiltration is nearly complete.
- 17 animals you’d swear were aliens (but are really from Earth).
- Mindfulness meditation changes decision-making.
- The pyramid emperor’s new clothes.
- Escaped Egyptian tycoon attempts to smuggle out tons of antiquities.
- The first British crop circle of 2011.
- Bacteria found to grow under 400,000 times Earth’s gravity, increasing chance of alien life.
- Do bacteria communicate by generating radio waves? More here.
- Tony Blair’s other dishonest war: on drugs.
- P.Z. Myers takes physicist Paul Davies to task for intruding into biology. In other news, Myers says that irony makes a whooshing sound as it flies by.
- Sir Martin Rees: Science and religion don’t have to be enemies.
- Science, magic, and the strange world of the medium.
- Speaking Martian – the strange case of medium Hélène Smith.
- In the 1920s, a plan was hatched to drain the Mediterranean Sea and create the nation of Atlantropa.
- A timeline of inventions first mentioned in science fiction.
- Soviet space program propaganda posters, 1958-1963. Needs more exclamation points!!
- Image of the day: if you look straight ahead, you’ll see we’re approaching Tethys…we trust your stay at Saturnian Views will be an enjoyable one.
Quote of the Day:
The dangerous man is the one who has only one idea, because then he’ll fight and die for it. The way real science goes is that you come up with lots of ideas, and most of them will be wrong.