Curiouser and curiouser!
- Can dreams predict the future. Warning: contains Richard Wiseman.
- Daryl Bem responds to criticism (PDF download) of the statistical methods used in his precognition paper.
- Secrets of the memory masters.
- Zahi Hawass fires back at critics.
- Despite turmoil, tourists flock to Egypt’s Abu Simbel to witness an ancient archaeoastronomical event.
- Neanderthals were fashionable in feathers.
- Meet the six-legged meat of the future.
- Giant ape measuring 10 feet tall lived alongside ancient humans. Ancient skeptics apologise profusely to ancient witnesses.
- Ray Kurzweil says solar power will meet all our energy needs within 20 years.
- On the other hand: Earth could be ‘unrecognisable‘ by 2050.
- Solar storms could create a $2trillion ‘Global Katrina’ warns chief scientist.
- Firefall in Yosemite National Park.
- With the current level of technology, and proper training, could somebody become Batman?
- Welcome to the new Zeppelin age (no, Jimmy and Robert are not reforming).
- RIP Nicholas Courtney, aka Brigadier Alastair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, one of my favourite ever TV sci-fi characters.
- What happened to Apollo 18?
- Image of the day: a rocket launch, as seen from space.
Quote of the Day:
It’s a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.