Forget that piece of superficial marketing crap that was the Grammys. This is music…a bunch of lads in a shed cutting into some blues.
- A Stardust encounter with a second-hand asteroid. Here’s the picture gallery. Plus some video.
- Cosmic Log’s 2012 watch: Don’t fret over Planet X.
- Sun erupts with mightiest solar flare in 4 years.
- Wikileaks versus UFO disinformation?
- SETI update: E.T. might fire up intergalactic lighthouses. Or maybe they’ll just build a nice Italian restaurant….
- Incredible journey: can we reach the stars without breaking the bank?
- Ceres sends a message to Pluto regarding its demotion: build a bridge (NSFW language).
- Ball lightning…on camera?
- Giant rodents lead scientists to discover ancient face carvings in East Timor.
- Just discovered: a strange Mexican monument from over 3000 years ago.
- Zahi: “the revolution will destroy Egypt“.
- Yoga: not as old or as Hindu as you might think?
- A “truly dreadful study” into the effects of prayer.
- World’s total CPU power? One human brain.
- Boy without a cerebellum baffles doctors.
- Which underlines the sarcastic humour in this spoof story: New brain scan reveals nothing at all.
- Never-before-seen footage of the alien puppets in James Cameron’s The Abyss.
- Flies can sniff a molecule’s quantum vibrations. Now there’s a new term for breaking wind…
- Farewell to counter-culture writer and Leary-collaborator Brian Barritt. There’s a life lived to the limit…
- What if Dr Seuss created Star Wars?
- “Why yes, I am circumcised. How could you tell?” Today’s image of the day defies description. Let’s just say it involves Darth Vader being between Freddie Mercury’s legs.
Thanks to N.H. Redington.
Quote of the Day:
We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars.