Time’s Person of the Year is…Mark Zuckerberg. In your face Assange! Farmville and Mafia Wars trump government transparency any day…
- New hints that Mars has liquid water close to the surface.
- Neuroscientists create the first brain-controlled exoskeleton.
- Does our ‘mind’ exist beyond our brains?
- Ice volcano spotted on Saturnian moon. That’s right, an ice volcano.
- A new alien species emerges to conquer humanity: the Corporation.
- Is this the end for a famous Hermetic library?
- Physicists take aim at Roger Penrose’s claim to have seen time before the Big Bang.
- Tron: Legacy inspired by Joan of Arc, a Zen Master, and the creation of a new technomythology.
- Phil Plait’s top ten astronomy pictures of 2010.
- Chernobyl to open as a tourist trap in 2011. The best vacation of your half-life.
- Tim Binnall gets his Bigfoot on as the BoA podcast talks to Gian Quasar.
- Wik-bee Leaks: Does this leaked EPA memo give the real reason the bees are dying?
- Vatican Bank mired in money-laundering scandal (again).
- Giant airship powered by algae. Giving new meaning to ‘little green men’.
- Charles Dickens: Victorian Shaman (free registration may be required)?
- Chinese archaeologists unearth 2400-year-old soup. I think some of the soup cans at the back of Grandma Grail’s pantry might rival that discovery…
- Why the Salvation Army doesn’t deserve your money.
- The decade’s top ten new species.
Quote of the Day:
A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson