It was a dark and stormy news brief…
- David Attenborough to dig into the enigma of Silbury Hill.
- Bees solve a complex mathematical problem.
- 700 ‘new’ species of ancient insects discovered in 50-million-year-old amber in India.
- The Red Planet: China lays out its plan for Mars.
- Exoskeletons walk the floor at Army expo.
- What’s it like to spend months living in a tin can traveling at 17,500mph.
- Hormone found in the brains and sexual organs of rich people help them to live longer. Time to eat the rich?
- Graham Hancock discusses the ‘grandfather paradox’ of time travel in a new guest-blog at Boing Boing.
- It’s only human to be a little superstitious.
- Lost worlds: William Gibson, Richard Dawkins and others nominate their favourite ‘lost’ sci-fi classics.
- Welcome to the gates of hell.
- 12 ancient landmarks on the verge of vanishing.
- Cool infographic shows the largest near-Earth objects and their closest approaches.
- I see angels in the architecture.
Quote of the Day:
Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten