He ain’t an echo, he’s my brother…
- 2012 Mayan calendar doomsday date may be wrong. Would you be worried if I said the real date is tomorrow?
- The New York Times does ayahuasca. Expect jaguars on the front page soon.
- Neanderthal jewellery a myth?
- No jewellery, but they did like a burger: Paleolithic hunter-gatherers made bread 30,000 years ago.
- Hundreds of CIA brainwash victims win compensation payouts.
- Dozens killed by incorrectly placed acupuncture needles. Unlike ‘real’ medical procedures, in which nothing goes wrong….
- Taking a one-way trip to Mars.
- Is the world ready for an asteroid threat? While Bruce Willis is alive, I’m guessing ‘yes’.
- Real pictures of alien worlds.
- Milking cows at night may help insomniacs fall asleep. Er, that is, the milk might help them…please do not head to your local dairy tonight if you’re having trouble sleeping.
- Deepak Chopra comments on Sam Harris’s “Moral Landscape“. Some great comments beneath our story here from last week, make sure you check ’em out.
- Vitamin B12 link to Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Future Shock turns 40.
- Neil Gaiman on comics, Twilight, twitter etiquette, killing Batman and sharing porn with his son.
- Clint Eastwood on death and the afterlife.
Quote of the Day:
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.