- Double-O Semen: MI6 agents used bodily fluids as invisible ink. The Great Beast would have been proud.
- Australian astronomer claims to have detected a strange signal from an alien planet. I’m hoping the signal wasn’t “nom“…
- But in case he’s wrong: alien life to be discovered within 30 years.
- Water discovered on a second asteroid – may be even more common than thought.
- Yesterday Kat posted about the Nature editor cautioning against dismissal of undiscovered cryptids. Here’s the punctuation mark to that story.
- Science and religion aren’t friends.
- The paranormal Peter Sellers.
- Mysterious language spoken by less than 1000 people discovered in remote village.
- Deaf people can rewire their brains.
- International space agencies may attempt to assemble and fly a manned mission around the Moon using the ISS as its base.
- First trial of embryonic stem cells in humans has begun.
- Here’s one the conspiracy theorists knew years ago: magic software eliminates objects from live video.
- Did you know Google’s driverless robot cars are already driving the streets of LA and San Francisco?
- Jimi Hendrix plays ‘Hound Dog’ on an acoustic guitar at a party in 1968.
- William Burroughs and Jimmy Page discuss magic, infrasound and Aleister Crowley in 1977.
Thanks to RPJ for the Lam curry pun.
Quote of the Day:
Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.