Hear that in the distance? It’s the sound of the next instalment of Darklore heading our way…
- Good news: the First World War officially ends this weekend!
- A new theory for how the pyramids were built: the diamond matrix and number seven.
- Did volcanoes really kill off the Neanderthals?
- Beyond God and atheism: why I am a ‘possibilian’.
- Interstellar archaeology on the galactic scale.
- What our solar system would look like to alien astronomers.
- Is this our Sun’s twin?
- Is this the start of the element wars?
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TSM) can change your preferred hand.
- Nine inventors killed by their own inventions.
- The further adventures of Thomas Edison, asshat.
- NIN’s Trent Reznor and Carnivale creator Daniel Knauf teaming up for a new HBO sci-fi series.
- How sci-fi and action genres have changed over the years.
- Fungi generate their own mini wind to fly further.
- High-speed video shows the hidden world of insect flight.
- When Baghdad was centre of the scientific world.
- Your dream future has been downgraded. Flying cars no more, now you just get a pedal-powered monorail. I want a refund.
- Vegas skyscrapers create focused solar ‘death ray’.
- Oral sex and swallowing sperm could prevent serious medical conditions. TDG: giving you news you can use to your advantage.
Quote of the Day:
To the scientist there is the joy in pursuing truth which nearly counteracts the depressing revelations of truth.
H. P. Lovecraft