Roll up, roll up! Doc Taylor’s Miracle Tonic will revitalise your spirit and cure your Mondayitis!
- Evolution in action: Scientists discover lizards on verge of leap from egg-laying to live births.
- Stephen Hawking says God did not create the Universe. Philosophical stance, or just a brilliant marketing strategy?
- God’s response to Stephen Hawking? (NSFW)
- Do solar flares change the rate of radioactive decay? Ramifications for carbon dating?
- Crashing into the Sun. Hotblack Desiato, eat your heart out.
- Flickr archive of incredible NASA images detailing 50 years of space exploration.
- Leslie Kean’s UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record has made the New York Times bestseller list. Oh yeah, and I interviewed Leslie a few weeks ago regarding the book.
- Technology Review covers the Kerala ‘Red Rain’ story that we mentioned here last week.
- New Zealand quake causes Earth’s surface to lurch 11 feet to the right. And apparently, causing small boys to sprout from the Earth.
- A classification system for skeptical dicks.
- Announcing the 2010 Hugo Award winners. Great to see Moon get a nod.
- Edison’s failed plot to hijack Hollywood.
- Peruvian hallucinogen ayahuasca draws tourists seeking transforming experience.
- Is schizophrenia a DNA-based virus?
- Vietnam’s wandering PSYOPS souls.
- Zahi Hawass is in Bat Country.
- ‘London Stone‘ shrouded in mystery and myth.
- Fancy your own Antikythera Mechanism simulator? Ask, and ye shall receive…
- Here’s a handy flowchart to help determine which religion suits you best.
- Forget the Virgin Mary on toast. Buzz Lightyear in a carrot!
Thanks Kat and Perceval.
Quote of the Day:
I don’t care too much what people think. I’m much more interested in tracking something which I think is meaningful and which I think eventually will become more and more meaningful. That’s what science is all about. We’re driven by curiosity
Dr Dean Radin