All good things must come to an end…
- The end of space-time: rethinking Einstein.
- Are physicists just making up ‘dark energy’?
- The faith that underpins science.
- 5 UFO sightings that even non-crazy people find creepy. I’d add at least this sixth.
- Cornish woman spotted a ‘flying saucer’ 20 years before Kenneth Arnold’s sighting.
- Life with the aliens: what’s it like to meet ET? (Free Fortean Times
registration may be required.)
- And just in case it happens: Illustrated guide explains what to do if you do meet ET.
- Seekers of alien life gather for SETIcon.
- The tin-foil hat crowd: Daniel Pinchbeck, UFOs and the Evolver movement.
- Robot set to explore Great Pyramid shafts before the end of the year.
- Researchers regenerate nerve connections in mice with spinal injury.
- An illustrated history of trepanation.
- Movie critic Roger Ebert offers a quantum theory of reincarnation. I give it 3 and half stars.
- 50,000-year-old Neanderthal bedroom unearthed.
- Inside the minds of animals.
- Behold, the scale of the Universe. Make sure you taste the fairy cake when done.
- Image of the day: Step on to Mars for a second, and enjoy the panorama. A bit like home, isn’t it young Skywalker…
Quote of the Day:
Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they’ve all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.