Lost on the outer fringes of knowledge. STOP. Send bus money home. STOP.
- Hayabusa asteroid-sample capsule recovered in Australian outback. Also: video and photos of re-entry after its 7 year journey in space.
- The Moon is wetter than we thought.
- Undead languages – 10 mysterious, undeciphered scripts.
- What’s wrong with the Sun?
- We need a global debate on population. Now.
- Pinker and the brain – not always the best combination?
- Meditation dulls experience of pain.
- Strange hole punch clouds explained.
- US experiment hints at multiple god particles. Does that mean science just converted?
- The bizarre and wonderful world of quantum theory – and how understanding it has changed our lives.
- Pulses of darkness let digital data travel further.
- Ridley Scott lets the facehugger out of the box regarding the plots of the upcoming Alien prequels.
- Technoccult interviews Boing Boing’s fabulous Fortean editor, David Pescovitz, about his twin loves of high strangeness and technology.
- Tim Binnall talks to Paul Stonehill about Soviet UFO history.
- Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy: Sam Raimi to direct 3D prequel to the original Wizard of Oz.
- 6-story Jesus destroyed by lightning. Proof of atheism, or that Jesus doesn’t look anything like that?
Quote of the Day:
When you cut into the present, the future leaks out.
William S. Burroughs