- Deja Vulcano? How humanity survived the Toba eruption.
- Obama vows for a renewed space program. Gee I wonder what made him change his mind?
- The US bids to end whaling. We can always lock the whalers in Guantanamo —oh, wait…
- Naturally occurring particle accelerators… and they are right above your head —sweet dreams, y’all.
- ‘Dark sun’ is one of our nearest neighbors. Take it away, Chris.
- Saturn’s strange hexagon recreated in the lab —so, if it’s been created in a lab, that means it’s artificial, right? 😉
- Mysterious radio waves emitted from nearby galaxy. Does Rick have a new Twitter follower @ the M82 galaxy?
- Kepler telescope team may be allowed to withhold exoplanet data. New post from Richard Hoagland in 3, 2, 1…
- Richelle Hawks discusses the use of the false document gimmick as a way to break the 4th wall, and allow the Trickster to lurk in.
- What did Gary McKinnon really find? Aside from his girlfriend’s weed, that is.
- How Stanislav Grof helped launch the dawn of the new psychedelic research era.
- Anti-cancer agent stops metastasis in its tracks. But if you don’t want to make the imperialist pharmaceutical companies rich, you can always resort to Cuban scorpions —just like Dr. Guevara prescribed 🙂
- When the financial outlook is hazy, should you go see a psychic? Meh… it’d be WAY cheaper to buy a second-hand Ouija board on E-bay.
- 7,500 online shoppers unknowingly sold their souls to a videogame. I slept 2 hours last night due to Mass Effect 2, so I can *totally* relate —my eyes! they burnnnnnn.
- While Plato wanted us to get out of the cave, Werner Herzog is inviting us back, in full 3D splendor.
- “And the award goes to… Loren Coleman! Yay!” 😀
- Does time slow down when we face the risk of death? a reporter falls 15 stories to find out.
- Bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘Our Lord has risen’. [Disclaimer: God, this was Greg’s punchline. It is him Thou want to smite]
- ‘Twas bound to happen: a telepathy iPhone app. Uri, please stop crying —or at least blow your nose, man.
- It’s official: Ipads were made for pussies.
Thanks to Turner, Greg, Susan, Destiny Land & Commander Shepard.
Quote of the Day:
“All the cultures in human history except the Western industrial civilization have held holotropic states of consciousness in great esteem. They induced them whenever they wanted to connect to their deities,other dimensions of reality,and with the forces of nature. They also used them for diagnosing and healing, cultivation of extrasensory perception, and artistic inspiration. They spent much time and energy to develop safe and effective ways of inducing them.”