Aw look, Zorgy #4 for the mantelpiece. Congrats to all nominated, and thanks to all who voted, even if you didn’t listen to my advice…
- The return of Tron! And, the Dude abides! It’s enough to make this grown man weep with nostalgia.
- Army’s “mad scientists” study swarming mines and Facebook attacks. Hopefully combined.
- Chile earthquake moved the entire city of Concepcion 10 feet to the west.
- Does oarfish omen spell earthquake disaster for Japan?
- Who’s the grown-up in the science vs religion debate? Maybe this guy?
- How the alphabet was born from hieroglyphs.
- Ancient texts present Mayans as literary geniuses. If they could just break out of that 2012 genre…
- Czech archaeologists find 150,000-year-old settlement in North Iraq.
- Time and Mind 3:1 has just been released with plenty of fascinating content on the ancient mind.
- The real canals of Mars are made from subterranean ice.
- Futurist Ray Kurzweil didn’t like James Cameron’s Avatar.
- Rupert Sheldrake and Richard Wiseman clash over parapsychology experiments.
- Erik Davis chats with Trickster and the Paranormal author George Hansen.
- Fortean and conspiracy researcher Jerry E. Smith passes away after battling pancreatic cancer.
- Tim Binnall talks to parapolitical researcher Kenn Thomas in the latest BoA podcast. Plus: here’s Tim’s interview with the late Jerry E. Smith.
- The biggest crop circle, ever.
- Missing persons and abductions reveal psychics’ failures.
- What’s in a name? Tumbling down the rabbit-hole while on the track of the Beast of White Lake Ontario.
- Even superheroes need their science.
- Cryptid colouring pages! And the best thing, as @TheDarkEngine said on Twitter, is that no-one can say you used the wrong colours.
- And you thought Michael Shermer’s ‘Skeptic’ column in SciAm couldn’t get any stupider…
Quote of the Day:
Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.
Ralph Waldo Emerson