Spring has sprung! Actually, it’s autumn here in the Antipodes…
- Jesus’ bones found at Rosslyn Chapel!! Well, bones at least. It’s only a small leap of logic, surely?
- Nail from time of Christ’s crucifixion found in a dig. Convincing stuff!
- Lost Descartes letter found, therefore it is.
- Massive head unearthed in Egypt. No, not Zahi’s (c’mon, that one wrote itself).
- There’s water in them thar lunar craters! Yeeehaw!
- Is the British Ministry of Defence telling a few porky-pies about its UFO desk closure? Comments exchange with Dr David Clarke follows the article.
- Dr Who visits Stonehenge. Also: a wonderful gallery of Scottish megaliths.
- Oldest example of written English in a church discovered in Salisbury Cathedral.
- Meanwhile, perhaps the oldest example of writing has been discovered engraved on 60,000-year-old ostrich egg shells. Have scientists had their heads in the sand?
- Ancient human ancestors faced fearsome horned crocodile.
- Dino-eating snake killed and fossilised in action. In the past, past tense.
- Strange sights in the sky before the Chilean earthquake. UFO, HAARP, earthquake lights, or just a funny-looking cloud?
- And: can animals foresee earthquakes? Not to spoil the fun, but regarding the story’s video, the ending piece of film clearly shows a tremor at the same time the dog bolted (compare the timecode).
- Chilean quake may have shortened Earth days.
- The on-again, off-again scientific love affair with birds and their alleged magnetic sense is on again.
- Could the Bloom Energy Server bring microgrids online?
- Bill Maher gets smacked down over his comments about Buddhism. Non-violently of course.
- The merits (or not) of armchair skepticism. Scroll beneath the story for my comment (#8).
- Ghost-hunting team finds evidence of fictional character’s ghost.
- Will the furious public backlash from the Simon Singh libel case break the back of chiropractors?
- Accepting the reality of false memories.
- Celtic crop circle comes to Cornwall. Crikey.
- US court rules zombies have the right to free speech. Bloody liberal judges, the next step is to say eating our brains is okay!
Buckets of thanks to Rick and Perceval.
Quote of the Day:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.