I’m multitrack recording onto a phone. Me in 1995 would be incredulous.
- President Eisenhower briefed in 1960 that Mars’ moon Phobos could be a space station launched by an advanced Martian civilisation. “That’s no Moon…it’s a space station. Ah, no, it’s just a Moon.”
- Britain’s Astronomer Royal says “aliens may be staring us in the face.”
- Tim Binnall talks to journalist Angela Joiner about the infamous Stephenville, Texas UFO sighting in 2008, on the latest instalment of the BoA podcast.
- Vatican officials reveal that aliens may be free from original sin. Or maybe they’re the serpent…
- Ten NASA inventions you might use every day. They didn’t include my Apollo rocket.
- Robert Lawrence Kuhn (host and creator of the awesome series Closer to Truth) asks “Why is consciousness so baffling?”
- Newsweek gives some mainstream coverage to the staggeringly old Turkish megalithic site of Göbekli Tepe. About time they caught up with us.
- Google Earth images of the ‘Boneyard’ – the US military’s $30 billion aircraft graveyard.
- NHS money “wasted” on homeopathy. Or was it?
- Then again, when assessing the current state of ‘accepted’ medical knowledge: of around 2500 treatments, only 13% are rated as “beneficial”.
- So maybe the best treatment out there is placebo?
- Is the cure for peanut allergy a simple case of building up tolerance?
- The economics of snake oil.
- The buried antiquities of Ur may one day outshine those of Egypt. A story sure to get Zahi sputtering in fury.
- When sea levels attack!!
- Study suggests that alien abduction experiences are not simply products of fantasy-proneness (free registration may be required).
- 79% of Americans believe in miracles. Do you?
- A Buddhist golfer….in America?!
- How UFO hunters are turning to the web.
- Six tricks that alien trackers could use.
- Scientists launch drive to make Hollywood obey the laws of science. I’m hoping Hollywood launches their own drive to make science obey the laws in movies.
- UK Ministry of Defence blanked out ‘uncomplimentary’ comments about members of the public in their UFO files.
- Appeal court judge “baffled” by chiropractic libel suit against Simon Singh. Singh himself says that while it’s too late for him, libel laws must change for the public good.
- Author Andy Letcher (author of Shroom) says the psychedelic community needs to reassess it’s history to find how much of it is just mythology.
- Johnny Marr “ecstatic” to have his stolen $46,000 guitar returned after ten years. I include this for the sheer weirdness of a member of The Smiths being “ecstatic”…
Quote of the Day:
Some believe consciousness is entirely physical, others that there is some nonphysical component, some kind of soul. All seem sure. Not me. Trained in brain research, I lean toward the physical. Living as a sentient being, I lean away. Consciousness is a deep probe of the mystery of existence.
Robert Lawrence Kuhn