Whoa… Déjà vu.
- Turns out God doesn’t play dice with the Universe after all —He/She plays with a ‘beach ball’ of dark matter… & I don’t know why that doesn’t sound too reassuring.
- The God of the Christians, illustrated by the demiurge of underground comics: R. Crumb. More here.
- The G-spot —the erogenous zone that’s proven to be more elusive than Bigfoot— may not exist at all. And you people worrying about Climategate!!
- Cryptids gone wild! The top ten sexiest Cryptomundo images of the ’00s; brought to you by Loren Coleman —whom I reckon would look pretty cool wearing silk pajamas 😉
- Papa was a rolling fossil: Oldest land-walkers tracks found.
- “Strawberry crabs forever”…
- If the brain’s a computer, why doesn’t size matter? Maybe because prof. Frink’s predictions were wrong (9:07).
- Concerned about Alzheimer’s? get an iPhone.
- What’s up, Doc? Scientists discover origin of a cancer in Tasmanian devils.
- 50,000 years old volcanic cave discovered in Syria. Promising real estate for the Al Qaida market.
- You ought to start the year with a new screen-saver, so check out the amazing work of Babak Tafreshi, who’s spent the last 16 years photographing our corner of the galaxy. More awesomeness here.
- Looking in the shadows for the planet Vulcan —it is only logic, captain.
- O (Space) brother, where art thou? Regan Lee writes about the early B.A. (Before Adamsky) contactee movement , in her column for Binnall of America.
- Mystery of the Nevada triangle, solved? Rings, triangles… Nevada sounds like a very geometric state :3
- Mass UFO sighting in France —during new year’s eve— investigated & confirmed by police. Do French enjoy Chinese lanterns as much as their British cousins?
- ‘Aliens will eat the fatties first’: ad for one of the UK’s biggest gyms sparks outrage —aliens have refused to comment.
- Gary Mckinnon’s mother accuses Gordon Brown of being too concerned with the straw in the Chinese eye, instead of minding the big-ass log in the British one.
- 5 reasons why body scanners may not solve our terrorism problem . Sorry, Mr. Chertoff —we all know how much you wanted that new yacht.
- Not like in the movies: Sea Shepherd’s ‘bat boat’ trimaran ‘Ady Gil’ sheared in half after being rammed by a Japanese whaling ship.
- *Sniffing* Ok —who farted?? Oh, wait… it was the Arctic.
A big piece of rosca de reyes to Greg, Rick & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
“You can tell your children of the day when everyone looked up and realized that they were only tenants of this world. We have been given a new lease and a warning from the landlord.”
Excerpt from the movie ‘2010: The Year We Make Contact’