Stopping in to add some news briefs. Because life can’t be all about reef fishing, snorkelling off tropical isles, reading books and watching blockbuster James Cameron movies…can it?
- New Horizons Pluto probe passes half-way in its long journey to the excluded planet.Speaking of, make sure you check out our good friend Alan Boyle’s new book The Case for Pluto (available from Amazon US and UK).
- Yes Virginia, there is life after death.
- Search for extraterrestrial life expanding.
- Physicist Sean Carroll taps pop culture to explain new theory of time.
- Angels can’t fly, says scientist. Winning the hearts and minds of children everywhere…
- Lone hunters of the last living dinosaur.
- Robert Rines: Monster Hunter. The New York Times obituary.
- Music therapy may help tinnitus sufferers.
- What, if anything, can skeptics say about science.
- Insects and acacias co-evolved. And people see insectoid creatures when tripping on DMT from acacias. Kinda spooky really.
- Chimps seen using cleavers to chop food. Today cleavers, by 3400 it’s nuclear annihilation…someone stop the madness before it begins.
- Was 2009 the year that the comics-to-film industry faltered?
- And will 2010 see augmented reality hit the bigtime?
Quote of the Day:
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.