What’s a skeptic? Read today’s news, and you’ll be even more confused…
- James Randi goes on record as a ‘Global Warming Denier’. (Link fixed) And the children begin eating the parent…
- Why I am no longer a skeptic on climate change.
- The paradoxical future of skepticism.
- Debunking Biocentrism.
- Burial cloth found in Jerusalem cave casts doubt on authenticity of Turin Shroud.
- Catholics forced film chiefs to scrap final instalments of His Dark Materials movie trilogy.
- Blossoms found at archaeological dig reveal Bronze Age people left flowers at graves.
- When same sex marriage was a Christian rite.
- First super-earths discovered orbiting Sun-like stars.
- Top ten astronomy pictures of 2009. Wot, no Norwegian interdimensional spiral?!
- World celebrates 5000 years of astronomy.
- NASA launches infrared telescope to scan entire sky.
- New UFO movie trilogy…”a pretty dark story actually”.
- Ray Kurzweil predicts how technology will change humanity in the next decade.
- What do we do when Moore’s Law is no more a law?
- Bacteria harvests electrochemical energy.
- NASA satellite unlocks the secrets of mysterious night-shining clouds.
- Locked-in man controls speech synthesiser with thought.
- Not realising she was even pregnant, Olympic weightlifter gives birth while training.
- Jacques Vallee discusses Hollywood’s portrayal of the occult.
- 360 degrees of Giza.
Quote of the Day:
[S]keptics must set aside the conceit that our goal is a cultural revolution or the dawning of a new Enlightenment. That concept resonates with me as powerfully as it does with anyone, but it is a dream with a bitter price: exhaustion and disappointment. After decades of labor, the horizon is just as far away as ever.