- Interview with Ann Eller, assistant to UFO researcher J Allen Hynek.
- Exploring the tradition of the Lost Word, popularised by Dan Brown.
- Harmony & proportion, an introduction to Pythagorean music & space.
- Pythagorean theory of music & colour, by Manly P Hall (Amazon).
- Greece’s brilliant new Acropolis Museum. Time to return the marbles, Britain.
- Zahi demands the bust of Nefertiti be returned, but Germany says nein.
- Tooth extracted from 4000-year-old Egyptian mummy may yield DNA.
- Bolivian pyramid may lose World Heritage listing due to dodgy renovations.
- Rare 12th century murals found in Syria. No pics, so use your imagination.
- A Leonardo da Vinci masterpiece could be hidden behind a palace fresco.
- Paintings by a dog are fetching high prices. Neva, come here please…
- Move over vampires, a full moon is rising & werewolves are coming.
- A carnival caravan, a dessicated cat, & British folklore.
- DIY device to help you experience lucid dreams.
- The Lucid Dream Exchange is an excellent free pdf e-zine.
- Harvard Uni’s Project Zero: creatively enhancing cognitive learning.
- Mathematician probes his own brain to look for himself.
- First-time internet users get brain boost & learn to write, “lol noob”.
- Monsanto to grow GM corn in Mexico, but RPJ’s not joining the wave.
- Genocide of an Amazon tribe: the Akuntsu now number only five.
- Fines fail to deter river polluters in UK. Make them swim in it.
- Video: grunting, tone-deaf singing of alligators looking for love.
Quote of the Day:
As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.
Pythagoras (c. 570 – c. 495 BC)