I’m old Greg…
- Cthulhu descends! Strange squid-like lightning spotted over France.
- Esoteric rituals of the Italian mafia.
- How do you greet an extraterrestrial?
- But what if they’re dead (Jim)? How to find a ‘Graveyard Civilization‘.
- The search for life on Earth.
- Inflatable tower could climb to space. Don’t fall off the jumping castle kids!
- Take me to the Moon. But in HD this time!
- The 2009 Weird Science Awards.
- If you’re near London, you can participate in some weird science of your own by contacting Rupert Sheldrake about a ‘telephone telepathy’ experiment he’s running in July.
- Do dinosaurs still exist? I think…yes!
- Sci-Am lists ten people guiding science for humanity.
- Billy Cox takes issue with the science-lite approach at Popular Mechanics, especially in regards to their reporting on UFOs.
- New Champ footage: ‘lake monster’, or something more prosaic?
- DARPA looks to develop ‘perch and stare‘ UAVs. As if owls weren’t spooky enough to look at, now I’ll be thinking in the back of my mind…
- And don’t take your eyes off that Rubik’s Cube either…
- Will the Pharos lighthouse rise again?
- Chimps can remember the exact location of a favourite fruit tree in a forest of 12,000 trees. Kind of like Rick and pubs in Melbourne really…
- Psychics makes sense for some, and dollars for themselves.
- Materialism, mind and meaning.
- Did population density create modern humans?
- So will new technologies create post-modern humans?
- Seven deadly shrooms.
- Finding new penguin colonies from space – by looking for their poop.
- The top ten existential movies of all time.
Quote of the Day:
Some say he’s half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he’s one fishy bastard.
“The Legend of Old Gregg”, from ‘The Mighty Boosh‘