‘Skunk Works’ takes on a whole new meaning when canine meets skunk…
- The reversal of the Earth’s magnetic poles, explained.
- Newly discovered satellite galaxies may dethrone Newton’s theory of gravity.
- Chandra X-Ray Observatory witnesses rare shockwave from nearby super massive black hole.
- Would you drink water from a black hole?
- Is there a rosetta stone for the newly discovered, ancient Indus Script?
- The strange tale of Einstein’s brain and the man who cut it up with a bread knife.
- Check robot-sniper-helicopter piloted by Xbox controller off Skynet’s grocery list.
- Pluto returns! In Illinois, at least…
- The cow genome has been sequenced and the farming revolution has begun. Napoleon and the pigs will be pleased.
- A once theoretical molecule has been created in a lab.
- The quiet sun and what it may foretell.
- For some carbon-dioxide absorbing plants to thrive, it doesn’t take a green thumb – it takes pollution.
- What do giant space tornadoes and the Earth’s auroras have in common? Wait — did someone just say giant space tornadoes?
- The moon dust riddle has been answered.
- Sea ice in Antarctic appears to be increasing as a result of the ozone hole. Wool and tinfoil hats for everyone!
- China’s Great Wall just got a little greater.
- Super-strength spider silk has arrived. Peter Parker’s ‘accident’ will take place during a field trip to the lab tomorrow.
- And finally, Bohemian Rhapsody, by way of old computer parts.
Danke to Greg & RPJ!
Quote of the Day:
“Too much checking on the facts has ruined many a good news story…”