This edition of the Tuenesday news comes with apologies to Monty Python for the paraphrasing…
- Alien microorganisms…in the Stratosphere?!
- Satan’s footprints…in Devon?!
- Two decades on, Chernobyl is showing an insect decline. Perhaps coincidentally, reports of “insect-like man-eating monsters” have gone through the roof…
- The Sun – bringer of darkness upon the Earth.
- Elf detection 101: How to find the hidden folk of Iceland. The question is – do you really want to find them?
- Cleopatra’s mother was African. No-one tell Pharaoh Zahi…
- FBI says comic book may hold the key to the D.B. Cooper mystery.
- Former hostage Terry Waite calls on the US to drop charges against ‘UFO Hacker’ Gary McKinnon.
- Hubble provides some gorgeous views of a quadruple Saturn moon transit.
- Math genius, dead for 450 years, gets a letter demanding he pay long-overdue television licence fees.
- Witch-hunters round up hundreds of Gambians. The inquisition, let’s begin (oh crap, that’s Mel Brooks, not Monty Python…).
- Programmer replaces his missing finger with a thumb…drive.
- Lie detection via MRI to have its day in court.
- If you think you’re sick, you may just have made it so.
- ‘Bite-size’ meant something very different to this Arctic sea monster.
- The secret messages to be found in The Wizard of Oz.
- Seven ways to fool your sense of touch.
- Sci-Am recycles the “God on the Brain” headline. I think I’m going to start fining news organizations for gross unoriginality if they continue with these shenanigans…
- I need to be more careful assembling the news links…some of these suckers might cost me $11,000 a day in fines.
Thanks Baldrick and Rick.
Quote of the Day:
Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life