Congrats to TDG admin ‘Turner Young’, for the good thing that has come his way…
- How many alien civilisations are out there? Between 361 and 38,000 apparently. Adam Korbitz provides some pertinent links (including the actual scientific paper) at Estimate of the Situation.
- Should Mars be treated like a wildlife preserve?
- A face of beauty in the cosmos. Check out the large version to see all the galaxies in shot…talk about a Total Perspective Vortex.
- Database of police UFO sightings records 310 incidents in 6 years. That is – on average, one every week.
- Born believers: How your brain creates God.
- Genetic roots of synaesthesia unearthed. I smell what they’re saying.
- Seeing ghostly faces and fairy people? Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
- And here’s a Q&A with Oliver Sacks on the topic of visual hallucinations.
- Who needs DMT?
- UFO spotted opposite Houses of Parliament.
- It’s always awkward when you’re walking down the street, and you suddenly bump into the alien that probed you.
- TED Update: MIT students create digital ‘sixth sense’.
- Antarctic bulge could flood Washington D.C.. Learn to swim, learn to swim.
- Mars Rover Spirit back on the march.
- Neanderthal genome to be unveiled.
- Parasitic caterpillars dupe their ant hosts by mimicking the noises of the ant queen.
- Near-death on Yeti expedition. Talk about undertaking multiple strands of paranormal research…
- Kidney donation “less painful than childbirth”.
Thanks Ross and RPJ.
Quote of the Day:
My friend has a baby. I’m recording all the noises he makes so later I can ask him what he meant.