Eight long years finally at an end. Let’s hope the new guy lives up to the hype…
- Skull study finds ‘Hobbit’ is not human. And I’m sure that will be the last word on the matter…
- Ancient Persians were the first to use chemical warfare, gassing their Roman opposition.
- A review of The Natural History of Unicorns, by Chris Lavers. Available from Amazon UK now, or as a pre-order on Amazon US.
- The science of Back to the Future.
- Alien Abductee Jim Sparks recalls his 1994 ordeal.
- Quantum mechanics paradox solved?
- Mexico’s unconquered Maya hold tight to their ways.
- Court told that the Christian Cross should not be assumed to represent all fallen vets.
- Scientists find new creatures in the Australian deep.
- Lycanthropy is alive and howling in Babylon.
- Clever critters: the eight best non-human tool users. Does this count?
- Couple fall through crack in the sidewalk. At least it wasn’t this one.
- 200 years ago on January 19th, 1809, Edgar Allan Poe was born.
Quote of the Day:
At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols.