Happy New Year to all TDG readers! Before we plunge headlong into yet another 12 months of news, both scientific and strange, I thought it might be worthwhile looking back on 2008 in summary. Over the next week I’ll some lists of material that I thought were the most noteworthy stories, but for now here’s everyone else’s lists:
- A comprehensive review of ufological news stories for the entire year.
- From Montauk Monster to a dead Bigfoot body, Loren Coleman finds plenty in his hunt for the Top Ten cryptozoology stories of 2008.
- Cabinet of Wonders summarises the ‘Damned Data’ of 2008.
- Billy Cox labels 2008 the “Worst UFO Media Year Ever!”
- Alan Boyle catalogues the weirdest science stories of the year at Cosmic Log.
- The Heavy Stuff features “The Fortean Tinged Links of 2008” as well as the “Top 10 anomalies and hoaxes“.
- Forgetomori takes a more skeptical look at the weirdness of 2008.
- Sci-Am has their say on the 10 biggest science stories of 2008.
- The Top Ten archaeological discoveries of 2008.
- Time’s Top Ten scientific discoveries.
- New Scientist lists the Top Ten news stories about brain research.
- Here’s National Geographic’s Top Ten news stories of 2008.
- Phil Plait gives his verdict on the Top Ten astronomy pictures of the year.
- Alan Boyle looks back at the year in science.
- Discover offers their Top 100 stories of 2008.
Tomorrow I’ll post the first of my own picks from 2008. Plenty of reading above to keep you going till then…