Jameske’s unable to do the news today. But don’t fret, I’ve done this once or twice before…
- Strong new evidence of oceans on Mars. Try to grok it.
- On the outskirts of creation, something is tugging on our Universe.
- The Multiverse hypothesis – valid science, or a refuge for scientists wanting to avoid an ‘Intelligent Creator’?
- Firefighter’s Manual teaches first responders how to deal with UFO attacks.
- Could swarms of satellites no bigger than baseballs provide new ways of looking at our world?
- Magnetic force field to solve problem of space radiation during interplanetary travel?
- The secrets of Saturn’s strangest moon.
- Michael Shermer finds his own meaningful pattern in his latest ‘Skeptic’ column for Scientific American.
- And the mice shall inherit the world: Scientists stop aging process in mouse livers.
- Fungus makes diesel from organic compounds. Shrooms…is there anything they can’t do?
- For your enjoyment: 20 Microscapes.
- Investigating the agnostic machinery.
- Simon Pegg is not happy. Because zombies don’t run, dammit!
- From the “my kids come up with better excuses” department: Vicar has to have potato removed from his butt because he “fell on it while hanging curtains naked”.
- Meanwhile, the Italian clergy tell it like it is: Priest smashes chair over restaurant owner’s head as nuns kick him in the stomach.
- Magic and the brain: Neuroscientists try to catch up with magicians when it comes to understanding exploiting the limits of cognition.
- One of the signs of an impending apocalypse? When Prince says that we shouldn’t be “sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever”. Tell that to the Potato Priest above. And maybe His Purpleness should check his own lyrics over the past 30 years…damn he corrupted some of us in the 80s.
Quote of the Day:
The more I examine the universe and the details of its architecture, the more evidence I find that the universe in some sense must have known we were coming.