A few things to keep you busy over the weekend…
- Filip Coppens profiles “The Pyramid Heretic“, Joseph Davidovits.
- Robert McLuhan analyses “The Koestler Doctrine” at Paranormalia.
- Fortean Times lists the Top Ten X-Files Monsters” (free registration may be required).
- Also at FT: “Lost in Space: What Really Happened to Russia’s Lost Cosmonauts?”
- Paul Kimball reviews David Cherniak’s documentary UFOs: The Secret History, at Above and Beyond.
- Michael Prescott looks at some of the stranger books released by a very prominent skeptical publisher, in “Prometheus Bound (and Gagged)” (probably one of the smartest and funniest blog titles of the year I think).
- Radio Rennessence features a half-year review on “what’s been going on in and around the mystery of Rennes-le-Château.”
- The Mitchell-Hedges website reproduces a 1971 article proving that Hewlett-Packard tested the crystal skull (contra to assertions by some skeptics).
- Skeptic Randi’s latest newsletter confronts the woo.
- The July MAPS News Update is now online.
- Kevin Randle takes on the skeptics about the apparent secrecy of the Mogul Project (allegedly the real origin of the Roswell ‘crash’).
- Nick Redfern reviews Jonathan Downes’ new cryptozoological tome, The Island of Paradise.
- Nick also presents a guest article from Brian Haughton, “Ancient Sites, Sacred Landscapes“.
- Anthony North discusses “Emergence and the Paranormal” at Beyond the Blog.
- Sorting Out Science hosts the latest Circle of Skepticism Blog Carnival.