According to Human Rights Watch, 130 people are still imprisoned for their role at Tiananmen. That was 19 years ago.
- Comms glitch delays Mars Phoenix digging. Those lazy robots and their excuses to procrastinate!
- Giant telescopes could be built from Moon dust. And you thought you wasted your time playing with sand as a toddler!
- A recently found Cosmical Whatizit might be missing link between stars & planets.
- “To boldly flush where no plumber has flushed before!!”
- Secret of Old Faithful revealed. Apparently it all comes down to a good diet, plenty of exercise, and a periodical prostate exam (Pass!)
- Human stem cells help brain-impaired mice, raising hope for many children in the future… & some concerns too.
- ’Living computers’ made out of tweaking bacteria solve complex math puzzle. Knowing that a bunch of protozoans are better than you at solving Sudokus might bring a severe blow to our collective self-esteem!
- …Then again, maybe that’s one of the reasons why Math exams have become easier.
- Could ’La Niña’ be behind the latest shark attacks in Mexico? Well, while we interrogate the little brat, there are plans to tag hundreds of sharks.
- When blamed for proliferation of nuclear weapons, disgraced Pakistani scientist replies “Don’t look at me, man!”.
- Cuckoo clocks, cheese & chocolate are OK, but nuclear weapons? That’s a big No-No.
- Titanic was found during secret Cold War Navy mission. Seems the American spies have an old fetishism for long boats, as this other story shows.
- ”Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a…Nightmare! Human Rights group accuses the US of using ‘Floating Prisons’.
- How Burger King indoctrinates the little kiddies to accept having their rights violated by the Police State, with the help of some cartoon veggie porn.
- There are but 6000 of them, extremely wealthy, and their decisions shape YOUR destiny: The Superclass, a new book by David Rothkopf (Amazon US, & UK)
- Best lake monster image ever: The Mansi photo… Or is it?
- UFO ‘dive-bombs’ elderly Australian couple. Maybe they have something against vegemite back in Zeta Reticuli 😉
- Popular Mechanics’ take on the “Peeping Tom Alien” controversy. I mean we knew those little guys are perverts, but not THAT kind of perverts 🙂
- Have you checked your closets lately? You might after you read this story.
- Flee from your cubicle before it drives you mad! (Video)
- 19 year-old gamer becomes mayor of Oklahoma town. I’m pretty sure his experience with Halo 3 will become real handy in the field of politics 😉 (Video here)
- Could the new trend in violent videogames of not having the bodies—or body parts—of your dead enemies “magically” vanished, trigger a moral dilemma in gamers?
Thanks, Master Chief
Quote of the Day:
”The problem with any data—I don’t care if it’s a video, a photo, electromagnetic readings—it can be faked. And because of the digital age, it can be faked easily”
Bryan Bonner, head of the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society