Surprise! Oh alright, it’s just me…
- The curse of the crystal skulls: the real life story behind the new Indiana Jones movie. Let me tell you now, Filip Coppens’ article about the strange history of the crystal skulls in Darklore Volume 2 (coming soon!) leaves articles like this in the shade.
- Tasmanian Tiger DNA ‘resurrected’ with genetic material from a 100-year-old museum specimen inserted into a mouse embryo. I do believe I’ve seen that Warner Brothers cartoon…
- Singing cicadas emerge from their 17 year hiatus.
- Huge “Sturgeon Ball” a mystery.
- Forget the ‘New Atheists’…the ‘Neural Buddhists‘ are coming!
- Laser warms up fusion future by concentrating “energy equivalent to 100 times the world’s electricity production into a spot just a few thousandths of a metre across.” Not sure how that’s possible, I think something may have been lost in translation…
- Pwnage news: UK pollies to consider database of all electronic communications.
- Global Warming has little impact on hurricane numbers, says NOAA.
- Iceland has the happiest people on Earth. What’s not to be happy about…no standing army, elves and spirits roaming the land. It’s like a land at the top of the Faraway Tree.
- 16% of US science teachers are Creationists. No, I didn’t say ‘creative’, I said ‘Creationists’.
- Phoenix Mars Lander will dig the Martian Arctic. Dig robot, dig!
- MSNBC’s James Oberg shows you how he cracked a case from the UFO files.
- Creative writing for extraterrestrials.
- PayPal founder makes a down payment on Libertarian ocean colonies. Mmm, I want one…just as long as I get to offer the invitations. Talk about ocean views.
- Cracked.com offers a list of “8 Child Prodigies So Amazing They’ll Ruin Your Day“.
Quote of the Day:
What I’d like to do now – well, what I’d *like* to do now is grow my beard very long, weave it into my pubes and strum it like a harp.