How do I work this thing again?
- Has J.K. Rowling turned from Cinderella into an evil, greedy witch?
- Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickenson’s movie Chemical Wedding – a fictional story about the return of Aleister Crowley – will be released on May 23rd (site has the trailer video embedded).
- Iron Man (like that segue?): the science behind the fiction.
- Tracking satellites in Google Earth. Very cool.
- Ten must-see ‘First Contact’ movies.
- How to reconcile Richard Dawkins?
- Birds can ‘see’ the Earth’s magnetic field. Is there a bird version of Dr Hofmann?
- Female jumping spider uses ultraviolet B rays to ‘communicate’.
- Colossal squid had light-emitting ‘cloaking device‘.
- Next decade “may see no warming“. How very convenient, Mr Gore…if that is your real name!
- Global Warming? No problem, just a quick vacuum and your Earth will be livable again. Kaching!
- Exposed: the great GM crops myth.
- Incubator electromagnetic fields alter newborns’ heart rates.
- Is it time for power from space?
- Universal language translator may be possible. Too late for fans of James Brown unfortunately.
- Beware space kangaroos: boomerangs work in low gravity.
- Dwarf cloud rat rediscovered after 112 years.
- 15 historical events that fascinate us.
- Needing to have your heart in your mouth? Watch a little baby tossing.
- Ancient sunflower fuels debate about agriculture in the Americas.
- Inhabitants of the Greek island of Lesbos go to court to protect their upstanding Lesbian pedigree.
Quote of the Day:
I incline to the acceptance of many stories of miracles, but think that these miracles would have occurred if this earth had been inhabited by atheists.