Happy birthday to Dr Dean Radin, who turns 14 today…
- Live in the UK? Got a special bond with a few other people? Why not register for a telephone telepathy experiment with the Anomalistic Psychology Research Unit (APRU) at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- The secret origins of Scientology.
- Telekinetics: the next big comm technology?
- Bigfoot at Berkeley stimulates debate on scientific heresy.
- James Oberg takes on five myths about last week’s satellite smash-up.
- Do living organisms help form rain and snow?
- Famed geneticist creating life form that turns CO2 into fuel.
- Comedian Robin Williams saves the day at TED.
- Meteorites spark mysteries.
- Venus mysteries blamed on colossal collision between two separate protoplanetary bodies.
- Living on Mars, on Earth. Can you get pizza delivered on Mars?
- Messenger probe shows hundred mile cliffs on Mercury.
- Medicated America. Also: the Prozac myth.
- The cost of war? Three trillion dollars (and not a few human lives). For that kind of money, I could work full-time on the Daily Grail for…let me do my sums here…20 million years or so. I think the latter option would have been better for humanity…
- New book shows symbols from a secret world.
- Oldest hominind discovered is 7 million years old. Kind of puts my grandmother in the shade, at a sprightly 102.
- Saving long-gone tribal languages.
- Indecipherable ancient books found in China. Most books in China are indecipherable to me…
- Evidence of prehistoric civilisation near Lake Titicaca discovered by ‘armchair archaeologist’? As always with unconfirmed claims, caveat lector.
- Did Mary Poppins lie to us (video)? Heated reaction ensues.
- I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Richard Dawkins is getting paid mucho money for his next book – could this be it?!
- And one more worthwhile image: the USAF Visual Aid to Debunking. Funny stuff.
Thanks Rick and Kat.
Quote of the Day:
Very few things happen at the right time,and the rest do not happen at all. A conscientious historian will correct these defects.