Little bit late today. What can I say, I try to have a life every now and then…
- America’s Space Age turns 50.
- Navy tests electromagnetic pulse rail gun (with video). Such cool tech gadgetry, put to such shitty usage.
- New light on dark energy.
- Props from The Da Vinci Code movie auctioned off to raise money for Lincoln Cathedral.
- UN Peacekeepers vandalise prehistoric Saharan artworks.
- Medicine in Ancient Egypt. “Nurse, bring me an adze, stat!”
- Archaeologist strikes Nasca ‘gold‘.
- Forget needles…this farmer looks for a castle in his haystack.
- Blue eyed people descend from one person 6000 to 10,000 years ago. Papa…?
- New computerised plagiarism scan finds thousands of copycat scientific articles. Actually, I copied that sentence from the Sci Am article.
- To understand consciousness, we need to ask the right questions. Maybe starting with “who are you people?”
- Nick Bostrom argues that drug research should be about more than just treating disease.
- What happens when someone writes a book about hallucinogens for kids? Something like this.
Quote of the Day:
About the million dollar prize, I would be worried if I were you because of the fact that we have perinormal possibilities.
Richard Dawkins, to James Randi