Likely my last Thursday news update for a while, with Red Pill Junkie coming on board to help out here at TDG. Make him welcome!
- Last glimpse inside the enigma of Silbury Hill.
- Luxury hotel opens on Easter Island.
- Ancient mass sacrifices and riches discovered in 2,500-year-old Chinese tomb. The sword looks amazing.
- Surprise Egypt tomb find yields ornate coffins and dog mummies.
- Pilots dismiss Air Force explanation for Texas UFO sightings.
- Also: Michael Shermer again pulls out the secret aircraft theory for the sightings, but is disputed by experts on ‘black technology’.
- ‘Free speech’ institute cans scholar for writing about UFOs. It’s a flood of UFO-related irony this week.
- Are we the aliens?
- Space rock misses Mars…barely.
- Call Richard Hoagland…there’s a spider on Mercury.
- Dead spy satellite could crash into the U.S.
- Notch another one up for William Gibson: 24 years after Neuromancer, are “mirrorshades” about to become a reality?
- Electrical stimulation of areas deep within the brain ‘boosts memory‘. Michael Prescott offers an interesting comment.
- He aint’ heavy, he’s just gravity: the Holy Grail of physics.
- Artificial letters added to DNA alphabet.
- Ghandi’s ashes spread across the Arabian Sea (video).
- Hummingbird chirps with its tail. No flatulence jokes, please.
- Heeere’s Johnny! Is the Stanley Hotel really haunted?
- Oh dear. The gorillas are weaponised. Damn you all to hell!!
- The fear factory: is the U.S. government manufacturing ghosts? Also, there’s an interesting side story.
Quote of the Day:
The fact that the Earth bends time has to be taken into account, otherwise our sat-navs would drift by 11km per day.
Dr Brian Cox