You are getting sleeeepy….
- The truth and hype of hypnosis.
- Mercury’s hidden side finally revealed. I love space exploration.
- But is space exploration worth the cost? A Freakonomics forum question.
- This article has set off a frenzy of speculation about whether an alien message has been received. Sounds like a simple misunderstanding though. Phil Plait at Bad Astronomy confirms (though there was a signal at the very least).
- Ice clouds put Mars in the shade.
- Monkey think, robot do. Monkey’s thoughts power robotic legs. The visual images I’m getting of cybernetic monkeys taking over the world are very Simpsons-like.
- Brain-computer interface gets closer to reality.
- Monsterquest goes in search of hobbits (the Indonesian variety, not the ones from New Zealand).
- Ancient lost city discovered in Peru?
- A sphinx…in India?! (with apologies to Monty Python)
- Can Egypt really copyright the pyramids?
- The Top Ten lists of archaeological discoveries in 2007 left out some important items.
- Parasite morphs ant into a red berry, ripe for the picking.
- Discovered: a rodent bigger than a bull. You should have seen the mousetrap they used back then…
- University claims to have found the actual Mona Lisa.
- Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee wants a Christian-faith based Constitution. That turbine-like sound you hear is the Founding Father’s spinning in their graves…
- Vatican newspaper says Harry Potter is the wrong model for a hero.
- Pwnage news: top spy says the NSA must be given access to all Internet traffic.
- More pwnage news: Going right up to, the server in the sky.
Quote of the Day:
NASA scientist: Maybe we should finally tell them the big secret – that all the chimps we sent into space came back super intelligent.
Chimp in suit on rollerskates: No. I don’t think we’ll be telling them that.
‘The Simpsons’ (“Deep Space Homer”)