We lost a Rick. Please hand him in at administration if you find him.
- Arthur C. Clarke’s trees on Mars have been chopped down (figuratively).
- Hearing voices in your head? Fear not, it may just be the latest trend in advertising: holosound. Scariness personified.
- Does time slow in a crisis? LiveScience has a video report.
- The 70 best ideas of 2007.
- Time Magazine list their top 10 scientific discoveries of 2007 (also see their other categories for more lists).
- Muons to reveal secrets of the Maya?
- We know who drew the Nazca Lines…but why? You know how it is…you have a few beers with your mates, one of them suggests drawing a big monkey in the sand, and then it just gets out of control.
- Whatever happened to the Aquatic Ape hypothesis?
- Archaeoastronomer explains the Chaco Canyon solstice.
- Did Whitley Strieber see a ‘Drone’?
- Dean Radin’s Entangled Minds is now available in Japanese.
- Switching gayness on and off. Persecution has meant that most gay people know how to do this anyhow.
- Pilots’ out-of-body experiences responsible from more than a quarter of fatal air crashes. Once again, a very liberal interpretation of what constitutes an OBE…
- U.S. eyes ‘pain beam‘ for home security and law enforcement. Watching Dubya talk on TV does not constitute a ‘pain beam’, despite the obvious similarities.
- Mars Rover finds signs of life. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before…
Quote of the Day:
We are trying to unravel the Mighty Infinite using a language which was designed to tell one another where the fresh fruit was.