1000 votes for TDG in the 2007 Zorgy Awards…thanks for all your support!
- Following the trail of fudged statistics, bogus surveys and widespread self-deception behind homeopathic remedies.
- Conversely: in defence of homeopathy. Homeophobia?
- The irony is knee deep, as the Discovery Institute accuses PBS of bringing religion into the classroom with their documentary on Intelligent Design, Judgement Day.
- Stem cell breakthrough may end the controversy over embryonic stem cells. “Slip me some skin” may take on a completely new meaning.
- Are aliens among us (not the David Icke type)?
- Questioning Martian life.
- Does this 3D photograph show Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg?
- Psychopharmacology: the Gilbert and Sullivan operetta. This could be bigger than Cats.
- Mexico has its own O’Hare UFO incident.
- Forget those Hollywood maps…this one takes you to the doorsteps of the fairy kingdom.
- A Brazilian psychic has warned a major earthquake will strike Indonesia next month.
- A prototype inflatable habitat NASA hopes to use on the moon is being tested in Antarctica.
- Big Bang…or Big Goof?
- Negotiations back on the table over the bust of Nefertiti.
- Romancing the Stone. The Rosetta Stone and the Rebirth of Ancient Egypt is available from Amazon US and UK).
- Family of forgers fooled art world with their ancient fakes.
- The secrets of rare maps and cartography.
- When is it the right time to eat your kids?
- Software creates gigantic holograms of the human body. I hope some areas are off limits, otherwise that ride could get nauseous…
- Did the NSA put a secret backdoor in new encryption standard?
- Nine absolutely insane weapons of war.
- And if that doesn’t leave you wondering about the future of the human race, check out the Top Ten most viewed pages on Wikipedia and Conservapedia.
- What does a technological civilisation look like from space?
Thanks Kat and Rick.
Quote of the Day:
Civilizations in decline are consistently characterised by a tendency towards standardization and uniformity.