Apathy makes the baby Jesus cry…
- British mediums help find remains of missing soldier.
- NASA to look for papers on Kecksburg UFO incident.
- Ten years on, an X-Files sequel is coming. Also, Joss Whedon returns to TV.
- And, J.K Rowling writes another book – you can pick it up for $60,000 or upwards. But will our dear J.K. tarnish her friendly image by pulling some legal muscle against a fan?
- Careful which figures of speech you employ – for instance, snake oil salesmen may actually have been on to something.
- Not to mention that whole “growing on trees” figure of speech. Because computers surely don’t…right?
- Dealing with death, the Mexican way.
- The Top 25 Censored Stories of 2008. I knew time was flying, but it appears I’ve been left behind…
- In our continuing series of “Lots of Mars water, there’s no Mars water”, we bring you the latest twist: Vast amount of water ice may lie on Martian equator.
- Mars Express probes the Red Planet’s unusual deposits.
- Black holes may harbour their own Universes.
- U.K. Ministry of Defence tests invisible tank. I have a squadron of invisible fighter planes in my back yard, if anyone is interested in buying them.
- More on the Pentagon’s gay bomb. I’m starting to wonder whether Republicans and Fundamentalist leaders were invited to some test firings…
- Is there a pattern in lottery numbers?
- First we lost Alex, now Washoe, a female chimpanzee said to be the first non-human to acquire human language.
- Missing nukes: treason of the highest order?
- Civilisation ends with a shutdown of human concern. Are we there already?
- Power from the final frontier.
- What’s so funny about technological collapse?
- Forget the X-men and Heroes – check out the real superhumans and the quest for the future fantastic.
- Our good friend Mark Pilkington (of Strange Attractor) has a book out with his collected ‘weird science’ writings from the Guardian over the years: Far Out (Amazon US and UK). Funky looking book!
Thanks Kat and Rick.
Quote of the Day:
I could be mistaken. Maybe it was another bald-headed, jigsaw-puzzle-tattooed, naked guy I saw.
Mulder (‘The X-Files’)