From Nazi space pioneers to the secrets of the magicians, today’s news covers some serious ground…
- Rocket Man: the complex orbits of Wernher von Braun. Von Braun: Dreamer of Space, Engineer of War is available from Amazon US and UK.
- Police could not find any fingerprints on Dr David Kelly’s ‘suicide knife’.
- For science and technology on the cutting edge, check out the Popular Mechanics 2007 Breakthrough Awards.
- Nemesis: Does another star orbit our Sun? Probably worth seeing what Walter Cruttenden has to say in his book Lost Star of Myth and Time (Amazon US and UK).
- NASA extends operations of Mars Rovers for a fifth time. We need some of this technology in kid’s toys…ours don’t seem to last past a week.
- Loren Coleman goes cryptozoological in the antipodes.
- Tunguska locals plan to cash in on the centenary anniversary next year.
- Mystery deepens concerning piece of metal that fell from the sky and cut through the hood of a parked vehicle.
- New Zealand UFO identified?
- Russia claims the North, now the British want the South. The new race for the Poles.
- European Commission begins legal action over Hill of Tara motorway.
- Secrets of the unfinished obelisk quarry in Aswan, Egypt.
- Also, almost a century on, the notorious Dr Crippen may have been wrongly hanged.
- Skeptic Benjamin Radford of CSI looks for natural causes for allegedly paranormal events.
- The Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Biblical Archaelogy Review is now out, with the usual previews available on their website.
- Here’s one for Rick: new horror movie based on eating psychedelic shrooms in the Irish countryside (video trailer).
- The Conjurer’s Dilemma: How magicians protect their tricks.
- Aspiring horror novelist arrested for killing and eating his girlfriend.
Quote of the Day:
I have learned to use the word ‘impossible’ with the greatest caution.
Wernher von Braun