Got some serious hail here on Tuesday…my poor garden.
- Completely rethinking human origins: were our ancestors bipedal, and ‘knuckle-dragging’ chimps and gorillas an offshoot?
- The history before history (Part 1).
- Freemasonry is a religion. Officially!
- Help me Obi-Wan! Real life X-Wing fighter disintegrates on take-off (with video).
- Maybe a bad omen for taking Luke’s light sabre into space on the Shuttle?
- The War of the Worlds book cover collection. So cool!
- The thing from space that destroyed the car.
- Opening the X-Files: Inside Britain’s UFO project, with Nick Pope.
- How’s the weather (on Jupiter)?
- Galileo: is the symbol of peace and unity stumbling?
- The luminiferous aether….it’s baa–aack.
- Deflecting asteroids…it’s all done with mirrors.
- Fusion pioneer passes away.
- Of course God is in the Brain, you ninny. Everything is.
- Can Freud’s theory of dreams hold up against modern neuroscience?
- Buddha’s “Golden Period“.
- Scientist debunks myth of the nomadic Australian aborigine.
- Hobbits mastered use of stone tools. And all-powerful rings as well, apparently.
- Unlocking the secrets of the mummies of Yemen.
- Greenpeace urges kangaroo consumption to fight global warming Yes, you read that right – we Australians do eat our national symbol.
- Though we might be too busy eating the moths to put a kanga side-dish on our plate.
- Dream leads woman to her missing friend.
- And from our “headlines you couldn’t make up” department: cop shoots jar off the head of a skunk. And no, there is no street lingo in there – cop, jar and skunk are exactly that.
Quote of the Day:
The ego is not master in its own house.