OMG, Andrew Johns took drugs throughout his career! Drug hysteria descends upon Australia! I’m sure a few beers on the weekend will help relax everyone…
- Is this the man who sank the Titanic by walking off with a vital locker key?
- Strange Martian feature not a ‘bottomless pit’ after all. More information on the HiRISE website.
- For your edification: an atlas of the Universe (h/t Posthuman Blues). Also known as a Total Perspective Vortex.
- UK space scientists to track asteroid threat.
- New Zealand UFO baffles experts.
- Are aliens irrelevant in the Internet age?
- Revisiting the 2001 story of ‘extraterrestrial rain‘ over India.
- Microsoft wants to read your thoughts.
- New computer game knows your next move two seconds before you do. Back in the Quake days we called that Thresh.
- Jailing of researchers raises fears of scientific repression in Brazil.
- Star Wizards: How a handful of desperate innovators took special effects to new heights in two 1977 movies - Star Wars and Close Encounters.
- Moth study backs classic ‘test case’ for Darwinian theory.
- Crikey that’s a big croc!
- Speaking of, Loren Coleman points out that the Croc Hunter once searched for a Tasmanian Tiger.
- Lightning bolt hits plane, and we get treated to the image.
- Trusting your gut: why intuition is gaining credibility. Dr. Gigerenzer’s book, Gut Feelings: The Intelligence of the Unconscious, is available at Amazon US & UK.
- One species’ genome found within another’s. The bacterial parasites are coming to get us all!!
- Roadside ‘mystery spots‘ invite wonder, and skepticism.
- Is there a conspiracy of sorts controlling the stock market?
Quote of the Day:
Hell itself is weary of Earth. The son of Darkness cometh now to challenge his right: and seeing all prepared and provided, desires to establish himself a kingdom.
‘Murifri’ (communicating with John Dee and Edward Kelley)