Happy birthday to our good friend Mark James Foster, currently hard at work on the design of our anthology for us!
- What do people over 50 think about life after death?
- What’s with that white light? A look at near death experiences, as part of the feature above.
- Discovery of Middle Asia cities recasts ancient history.
- Hitler’s ‘Desert Island Discs’ turn up in Russian soldier’s attic. Or should that be ‘Berlin Bunker Discs’?
- Chameleon furniture changes colour to match the cutlery and dishes – or your weight. My furniture would be getting ever darker…
- Physicists discover inorganic dust with life-like qualities.
- Contra Stephen Hawking, time travel may just be possible in the future. And therefore in the past as well?
- Crop circles to be debated at weekend conference.
- Scientists produce functioning neurons from human embryonic stem cells.
- DARPA robots to race in suburbia.
- Caring less could be the best thing you could do to help endangered species. I’m pretty good at the apathy thing, so I guess that makes me a conservationist.
- Also: should we worry about extinctions, or are they just a part of evolution?
- Climate model suggests heat records will be smashed in the next ten years.
- And: NG has a photo essay on the record-breaking weather pounding the planet.
Quote of the Day:
When I walk along with two others, they may serve me as my teachers. I will select their good qualities and follow them, their bad qualities and avoid them.