As Living Colour once sang, information overload…
- The curse of Highway 35: Loren Coleman notes similarities between yesterday’s bridge collapse and the Silver Bridge-Mothman mythos. Even Wired make note of it.
- Minding the mind: how much of what you do is controlled by subliminal priming?
- Original Star Trek series gets some digital enhancement. Maybe we’ll see Mr Spock taken aboard a ‘drone’ sometime soon?
- TV producer revives the controversy over the alien autopsy film.
- Cassini probe to fly through plume on Saturnian Moon.
- Martian Dust: evidence for water and life on the Red Planet?
- Russian submarine plants flag under the North Pole. Brings new meaning to ‘waving’ the flag I guess.
- Radical new view of the birth of civlisation suggests that it extended well beyond Mesopotamia.
- When you’ve got money and power, anything is possible on the Giza plateau…even a private tour with the Big Z.
- Underwater 8,000-year-old Stone Age site in Britain to be studied by scientists.
- Archaeologists find Aztec Temple destroyed by Spanish invaders.
- Odd skull boosts Human-Neanderthal sex theory. Hey, check the right neighbourhoods and you’ll find abundant evidence that it’s ongoing.
- Orangutans use ‘charades‘ to communicate.
- Exorcism leaves autistic teenager seriously injured.
- Underwater worm-like creature baffles scientists (video).
- Pwnage news: Australian police given power to take DNA from offenders, regardless of the crime.
- The trouble with transhumanists: a short review of the recent Transvision conference.
- Is your printer polluting the air you breathe?
- Brain electrodes awaken brain-injured man.
- Electric fields have potential as cancer treatment.
- First armed robots on patrol in Iraq. Dead or alive, you’re coming with me…
Quote of the Day:
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands, but seeing with new eyes.