Satan oscillate my metallic sonatas …
- NASA investigates sabotage of computer on board space shuttle Endeavour.
- Report says that astronauts drink heavily before launch. Drunkenness plus sabotaged computers – not a good combination.
- The other Phoenix in the news.
- U.S. Army developing truck-mounted laser weapon.
- (Not-so-imminent) apocalypse warning: Once we reach the ‘northside’ of the galaxy, in about 12 million years, we’ll be like bacteria being put through a steriliser.
- The joys, terrors and true possibilities of navigating the Fourth Dimension, with quantum physicist Michio Kaku and astrophysicist Charles Liu (video).
- The moggie you don’t want curling up on the end of your bed: Oscar the cat seems to be able to predict which patients in a nursing home are about to die.
- Bonnybridge: Scotland’s own Roswell?
- Careful who you associate with: obesity may be contagious.
- Should humanity’s first footprints on the Moon be protected by heritage laws? Sounds fair to me, although I wouldn’t want to be the security guard left on site to protect them.
- MIT researchers quest for people power – literally. Harnessing the energy of human movement.
- Queen guitarist Brian May is completing his doctorate in astrophysics.
- A return Mars mission: is the cost worth it?
- Experts skeptical of new Da Vinci discovery claim.
- Did the Ancient Egyptians bowl?
- American Indians and plants in the Great Basin: An ancient relationship.
- Spiral wall motifs reveal Çatalhöyük migration.
- Major quake due for Middle East, similar to one which devastated the coast of Phoenicia some 1500 years ago.
- Couple’s faces grow more alike as they age. Pity my wife…
Thanks Rick and Baldrick.
Quote of the Day:
There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
Arthur C. Clarke