The Daily Grail: your source for squid news.
- ‘Clear signs of water‘ on distant planet.
- Squid frenzy! Giant squid washes up on Tasmanian beach. And: the world’s biggest known colossal male squid has been caught intact off Antarctica. Also: the man who dives with the enormous, deadly Humboldt squid. We even have a squid roundup.
- Siberian baby mammoth flash frozen?
- South Koreans are (re)turning to shamanism for wisdom and insight.
- Egypt’s oldest known artwork is 15,000 years old.
- The website of Dr Zahi Hawass has two new additions concerning recent news – “Identifying Hatshepsut’ Mummy“, and “CT-scans of Egyptian Mummies from the Valley of the Kings“.
- Does a clay tablet in the British Museum support the credibility of the Old Testament? Is there much to support?
- Unearthing history at prehistoric Glastonbury.
- Do humans fight when they get cold?
- New software proves that web photos now have zero credibility. Apart from those drone images, right Linda?
- Was Von Braun at Roswell? Seems like everyone else was, why not throw an ex-Nazi into the stew just to make it a little more tasty?
- The age of the superhero suit is now upon us. Does that mean I can finally wear my underpants on the outside, and not be laughed at?
- Next year’s World’s Fair to have walls made of water.
- Robot walks on water. RoboJesus?
- No Sun link to global warming.
- TDG public safety announcement: don’t listen to your iPod in a storm. Has the RIAA joined with HAARP in prosecuting illegal downloads?
- And now a public unsafety announcement: welcome to Iron Crotch Kung Fu. YouTube video for those men who want to bring tears to their eyes (parental warning) – try that one Johnny Knoxville! (h/t to Cabinet of Wonders).
Quote of the Day:
Human consciousness arose but a minute before midnight on the geological clock. Yet we mayflies try to bend an ancient world to our purposes, ignorant perhaps of the messages buried in its long history. Let us hope that we are still in the early morning of our April day.
Stephen Jay Gould