Volume IX of the scholarly journal Esoterica has been released, and is available for free download in the form of a PDF file. In the new release:
- “Angel in the House or Idol of Perversity?: Women in Nineteenth-Century Esotericism”, by Allison P. Coudert.
- “Of Ether and Colloidal Gold: The Making of a Philosophers’ Stone”, by Hereward Tilton.
- “‘The Teutonicks Writings’: Translating Jacob Boehme into English and Welsh”, by Ariel Hessayon.
- “‘The Flood’ of 1524: The First Mass-media Event in European History”, by Gustav Adolf Schoener.
- Reviews of Stages of Evil: Occultism in Western Theater and Drama, The Absence of Myth, Magia Sexualis: Sex, Magic, and Liberation in Modern Western Esotericism, and Why Mrs Blake Cried: William Blake and the Sexual Basis of Spiritual Vision.
If you don’t already have it, Volume VIII is also available as PDF, so take a look around the site – plenty of in-depth reading available on esoteric topics.