It’s all relative. I’m freezing my butt off today, in temperatures which had London marathon runners collapsing due to heat exhaustion…
- Archaeologist sparks hunt for the Holy Grail.
- Da Vinci obscenity case dropped in Italy.
- Is there a 450-year-old Spanish galleon waiting to be found near Brisbane, Australia? ‘Scuse me while I go get some diving gear…
- Virtual Qumran sheds light on mysteries of Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Buddhist lama sets up a Myspace page.
- It’s that magical time of the Summer Solstice once again (or, Winter Solstice as the case may be…and boy is it wintery here today).
- 3D pyramid crop circle points way to Milk Hill White Horse.
- Lake monster hunter disappears.
- Why does ‘Bigfoot Science‘ make such inroads into big business? Actually about tenuous ecological theories and ‘carbon footprints’…not sure why Bigfoot got a mention apart from the foot reference.
- Happy Birthday Cognitive Dissonance.
- Sneak peek at Blade Runner Final Cut DVD packaging. Five disc package, great artistic presentation….sweeeeeeet (h/t Mac Tonnies).
- Dubya vetoes stem cell bill. A year ago, Jon Stewart had the smackdown of 2006 on this topic…
- Human genome far more complex than previously imagined.
- Alan Boyle takes you inside the Big Bang machine.
- Is there more than one dimension of time?
- Mysterious sprites caught on film. Perhaps it’s just swamp gas or the planet Venus?
- Do Black Holes really exist?
- Liquid mirror could be used for Moon-based telescope.
- Hubble photographs two huge asteroids.
- Yes – finally – you can have your own jet-pack flying machine.
- Ouch, I saw that! New form of synaesthesia has people feeling what they see. I’m guessing they’re not fans of boxing…
- Identity thieves steal Herman Munster’s credit card details.
Quote of the Day:
Sooner or later, psychical research will demonstrate to the educated world, not only the existence of a soul in man, but also the existence of a soul in Nature