I’d rather be Marooned than feeling Blue…
- Bosnian ‘Pyramid’ loses government funding after Bosnian Culture Minister says the ‘pyramids’ are natural formations. Robert Schoch told us that last October in Issue 6 of Sub Rosa (free download as PDF).
- Ancient tomb found in Mexico reveals mass child sacrifice.
- Chinese find shipwreck laden with Ming porcelain.
- Massive birdlike dinosaur unearthed in China. Imagine the size of the 21-piece bucket at KFC back then…
- Why we may overlook extraterrestrial life – those sneaky non-carbon lifeforms. I know a few politicians who are made of slime.
- British MoD website publication of UFO files comes in response to the ‘guerilla war‘ waged by the “UFO spotters.” (see the second PDF).
- The Real ‘X-Files’: Is Uncle Sam a closet ufologist?
- Buzz Aldrin mentions the ‘UFO’ seen on a trip to the Moon.
- NASA’s ‘journey’ to the center of Earth.
- Google Earth has made an alliance with a tribe in Amazon rainforest.
- Bending the light fantastic – scientists flirt with invisibility.
- US doctor smeared by FDA for raising concerns about drug?
- Four Alzheimer’s drug trials bring new era of hope.
- ‘Junk DNA’ makes compulsive reading. Also: one scientist’s junk is a creationist’s treasure.
- Fossil traces deep dinosaur roots. You mean, back before 4000 BCE?
- Vatican urges all Catholics to stop donating money to Amnesty International, due to their stance on abortion.
- Honey, I killed the bees. Suddenly, the bees are simply vanishing.
- William Gibson (he of Neuromancer fame) has a new book out in August – Spook Country (with video overview with Gibson as well). You can pre-order the book from Amazon US and UK.
- Fridgehenge dismantled. And here I was thinking it was a shoe-in for the new Seven Wonders of the World competition.
Quote of the Day:
If science can disprove some aspect of Judaism, then to hold on to it makes me, I guess, a loyal Jew, but a stupid human being… If my religion says that the world is flat, and I can show a photograph that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the world is round, but as a faithful person I’m going to hold onto the flatness of things, then yea, I’m a faithful idiot.
Rabbi Rami Shapiro