Lots of great stories about today, so dive right in…
- Satellites spot lost Egyptian cities from space.
- Artistic adornments in Africa 82,000 years ago?
- Decapitated man found in Peruvian tomb with ceramic ‘replacement’ head.
- Iceman Oetzi’s cause of death finally confirmed. And, what’s this? Brad Pitt has a tattoo homage to Oetzi on his forearm?
- So, is this Brad’s next tat? Mystery skeleton in Newfoundland iceberg.
- Major breakthrough in understanding of genetic component to world’s most common diseases. Does that include stupidity?
- When they say that people are having fits about London’s 2012 Olympics logo, they’re not just speaking metaphorically – promotional footage may be causing epilectic seizures. Both Strange Attractor and Cabinet of Wonders compare the news to the Pokemon scare from a few years back.
- Plant ‘families’ literally scream for help as a group.
- Canadian Bigfoot video footage sold on eBay for $2617.00.
- Debunking the myths of Pirates of the Carribean. Where does that leave International Talk Like a Pirate Day?
- Is the recent upsurge in hurricanes just a return to normal?
- The phrase “can I buy you a drink” is redundant when it comes to chatting up female beetles, as they use male ejaculate to keep their fluids up. Ew.
- Police put more officers on the beat, to tackle ‘full-moon violence‘.
- Forgetting helps you remember the important stuff. I must have a lot of important stuff in my head then…
- Is there life out there? Almost definitely, say UK scientists.
- So is this hole the place where our Martian overlords are hiding? If it’s a hole, why the anomalous edge at about 11.30?
- A rocket launcher of a different kind for id Software’s John Carmack – success in the Lunar Lander challenge. No doubt his success can be tied to his understanding of the Necronomicon…
- Researchers catch motion of a single electron on video. And I thought it was hard to capture my kids on camera.
- Has the Holy Grail of particle physics already been found?
- Indian police block ‘wonder boy‘ from competing in race.
- One month until the apocalypse says the Church of Subgenius…so it’s time to party like it’s 2007.
Thanks Kat and Baldrick.
Quote of the Day:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.